Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the poudre in town today for a couple hours. I have never fished in town before. It was neat to see that there are fish so close to home. There were some occasional fish feeding on the surface but most was sub surface. I found a nice group of trout and caught three. I missed alot of strikes. All fish took the black midge under a copper john. My digital ran out of batteries so I took this with my phone.

I know it's bad but I like pics.

I am excited to get out and expolore more of the river in town.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What are some of the spots on the Poudre in Fort Collins and the Big T in Loveland that produce? I tried the Poudre by Martinez Park for about an hour once and the bridge off of Shields once -- didn't catch anything either time but saw some fish.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard that in Lee Martinez is good. I was upstream from shields. Also near mulberry there are alot of carp!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hatch that's awesome, so many people just fly by that section and never fish it, do you think those fish live in that part all year long? or do they come down from the canyon during the winter. I heve been fishing the canyon the last couple of weeks and it has not turned on yet. Hopefully this warm spell will get that freezing canyon a much needed boost. Love the posts about the Poudre, keep em comin.

Was the water flowing in that section or just still with a little drift?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would asume they live there all year. There are a lot of diversions and I don't think rainbow and brown trout leap like salmon.

The water was flowing but I caught most in slack water at the foot of fast moving water.

I love fishing the canyon during the winter. No one else around. But it can be a real B***H sometimes. I think the fish get used to no one being around so they scare easy early in the year. Then as the angeling pressure heats up they calm down.

How far up have you been recently?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I fished in Boulder on sunday and caught some brownies at the water park where all the tubers tube in the summer I had 20 or so huge pools all to myself (fishin wise), it was nice I only caught em' on panther martins and they were all browns around 9inches.

O0

1 - 7 of 7 Posts