Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Poudre under Shields bridge this morning. Browns and bows all over the deeper holes. Could not get a bite for the longest time with spinners, spoons, and kastys. I switched tatics and fished a Berkely trout craw on a jig. Fished it like a senko....cast..let it fall...pick up...repeat. Caught a 10 inch brown...not big at all...but boy was her purdy!!!!!

Pondfisher

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I'd take anything not to get skunked, good job. I like the browns the best, they are very pretty and I seem to catch more of them then anything else.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried 3 spinners. one silver, brass, and black. The spinners i fish with are extremely light (ultralite tacke). Spoons were silver and the kastys i tried were brown trout, fire tiger, and rainbow. I did get some bites off the spinnes but no hookups.....they would just follow the spinners a couple feet and then turn back......I really need to learn to fly fish!!!!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
How did you fish those lures? Did you just reel them in or did you jerk them? I jerk mine like you do when you fish Rapalas. It usually increases my luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts