Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The river was very very high today...anyone know why????

....I couldnt get my spinners and kastys down deep enough to fish them effectively.  The current was really strong.

Caught on a fire tiger Kasty

Pondfisher

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just thought Id share. Since the water is running so fast I switched to a jig and Berkely micro minnow.....allowed it to drop then cranked it in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...been fishing the Poudre every chance I get. The water level is up and I have seen some really large browns. The flow is fast right now and is challenging.

Pondfisher

·
Registered
213 Posts
congrats to you pondfisher. I've barely had any success on the poudre whenever I fish it. I even tried a small spinner with a brass/copper colored blade around shields and didn't get a thing earlier this week. Might have to try tomorrow or the weekend since it'll cool down a little bit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the spots I have been hitting up is around the Shields bridge. My last couple bites have been coming from that area of the river with the rope swing hanging from a tree....its east of the bridge....really deep near there.

·
Registered
578 Posts
That's right before it gets to the rocky shoreline isn't it? ( The red rocks ) I have fished over there a few times because I have seen lots of browns rising but I couldn't get any hits. I have gotten some large browns and a few rainbows in that area by College.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts