Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Camped on the Poudre river up above Mishawaka. The water is high, still a bit brown and better for rafting rather than fishing. (The conditions are GREAT for rafting...best I have seen in quite a while)

However, the slack water spots are clear enough that I could pull out 3 small brown trout using spinners. 1/8 oz panthermartins (gold and red) seemed to get all the love. The biggest fish was 12 inches and all the rest were 8 and 9. Released them all in good shape.

Could only cover a few hundred yards up and down the river with the wife and kid in tow.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey if you go back out there try out a rooster tail all white with a golden blade. I have a pic of the one i used in my rio grande mineral county post

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Matt-I had no idea you were multitalented and fished for trout too. Panther Martinthey were always my spinner of choice when I fished the Arkansas. Ed

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ed...I do love bassin'. But I really love the cold water action too. This year I've really tried to get in more trout time. Even if I have to bring the whole family circus along.

Spinning is my game of choice. I like the panthers and the blue fox's. Some days the fish want silver. Some days they want gold. Small rapalas are always on hand too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Poudre is an amazing place to fish. I camped out up there in early May (was sort of cold/rainy, so we had the whole campsite to ourselves). What blew me away was the amount of fishable water and the easy access. Every 1/4 mile there seems to be a pullout on the road. Just pull over, walk down, fish, move on. I've not done too much stream fishing but was able to catch a few browns (first time ever) and a 2 nice rainbows. If you don't like the river, you can go much further up the road and hit up some of the lakes like Red Feathers, Chambers, etc. They were frozen when I was there, but I've heard good things about the action there. They've even got grayling in some of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts