Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Poudre River

572 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mogul buster 
#1 ·
I fished the poudre in the canyon today. Lots of action. For my first bite of the day and for the first time ever, I caught two fish on my hopper dropper. One decent cutbow grabbed my hopper and then a little bow grabbed the dropper right behind him. Landed both fish and then took a handful of pics. And then about ten minutes later, my phone got wet and stopped working. I was super stoked to post the pics but there's always next time. Caught mostly bows, one or two cutbows and then a couple browns. Gotta love the poudre! Overall caught a ton of fish and had a good time with my gf. She had never gone fly fishing and although she couldnt hook a fish herself, she did reel in a few. Today I fished some spots that were very nice an easily accessible and they were tough. Although they clearly had fish, the fish seemed very picky. And then there were some practially identical spots that I fished that required a lot more effort for me to get to and the fish couldn't have been more aggressive. I was getting multiple hits on each pass with crappy drifts. It just goes to show how much it can pay off to spend a little extra time and get into the hard to reach spots. BTW, the river is way down from when i fished it last week. The flows are much lower but fishing is still prime!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.