Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a fan, but my daughter starts work for them on Monday and I was checking out their website, looks like they have more types than I was aware of :-\ I may just have to check out their other offerings like the micro line

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I like power pro. I've only used the braid but very pleased with it. I do like the suffix 832 a lil better...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Took a tour of their facility when they were here in Colorado. Met the owner of the company. He gave me a PowerPro shirt and showed me how the line was made.

I was a user of their line before that and still am.

Best stuff in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried the regular braid and was not a fan, switched back to spider wire. If I can get it cheap, I will try all their lines. I see they even have an ice line

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
cool, they are still here in Colorado, Grand Junction as before. Conrad the owner and inventor sold to Shimano but still like 150 people employeed in GJ making it. I use it and have had good luck with it.
Funny. Tried to get Konrad to come fish for some eyes with me. He seemed to be more of a trout guy and laker fishing was about as close to my style as he participated in, infrequently at that.

Good to hear they are still here.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
FFG if you get the hook up and wanna sell some at reduced price lemme know.

·
Registered
902 Posts
My buddy Jim had better rod and reel but used the smooth casting and couldn't cast as far as I could with original p pro. I even tried to cast his set up to see if he was just being a sissy and I couldn't cast it any further either. I think its softer and catches too much wind. I have power pro on at least 4 reels.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
FBC with another incredibly educated statement... PP is solid. Not wunderbar, not "overpriced crap". But good solid line. Between it and YZ hybrid, it keeps my reels full at a good value. I don't think the Superslick is worth it over the OG though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
FBC with another incredibly educated statement... PP is solid. Not wunderbar, not "overpriced crap". But good solid line. Between it and YZ hybrid, it keeps my reels full at a good value. I don't think the Superslick is worth it over the OG though.
Nah it is complete ****. You obviously don't get out much...

·
Registered
315 Posts
haha I think it all depends on ones style and opinion. I wouldn't use it cuz I don't like it. I do have some friends that swear by it. I was just trying to stir the pot a bit :)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Polyethylene sux. Sorry bro, nylon FTW.

Actually, in certain circumstances, superline is killer. I just wished I lived within an 800 mile radius of those circumstances...

Cheers mate.

SS

·
Registered
988 Posts
Lol PP braid is solid. Good for deep water fishing and baits that need snapping movements. Takes little effort to move your baits compared to mono/fluro. I use it on plenty of my reels.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts