Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 4runner that needs a new power steering pump! Does anyone have any idea what something like this will cost? Is it something an average person can do? I don't want to spend to much on the old beast! Thanks for any info!

Jim

·
P I K E
10,081 Posts
On a vehicle that old, better and cheaper to do it yourself and go recycled parts. That is an easy fix and the best place to get used good parts is Stadium Auto Parts! They have a shop right in Westminster at 70th & Lowell.
Good luck bud!!!

http://www.stadiumautoparts.com/

·
Registered
844 Posts
I would flush out the lines with some Dr. Transmission ??? or some other pressurized solvent to clear any metal or plastic filings that might be present before you hook up the new pump.
Some pumps are press fit into an aluminum mount so you might need to take the whole piece into a shop and have the old one removed and new installed. I don't know about the 4 runner.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you want really good step by step instructions check your local library and see if you can access All Data there and print the instructions. We are signed up at the Rangeview Library district and I know they have access. All Data is awesome it is what the mechanics use, way better than the manuals the auto parts stores sell. There was an Autozone by my house that was selling All Data disks or an online subscription for your specific vehicle but I think they were like in the $80 dollar range. HTH

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Jim, our family mechanic loves toyota trucks and has been in the industry for over 30 years. He is off santa fe and union. Rodgers auto Repair. tell him patrick sent you. very honest and caring guy, has took care of our family vehicles over the years. have number if needbe

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
TthePikester said:
On a vehicle that old, better and cheaper to do it yourself and go recycled parts. That is an easy fix and the best place to get used good parts is Stadium Auto Parts! They have a shop right in Westminster at 70th & Lowell.
Good luck bud!!!

http://www.stadiumautoparts.com/
Pikester I have to disagree. Me and my buddy flip cars from the insurance auctions and 99% of the time new after market parts are the same price as junk yards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts