Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
You'll probably have better luck on eBay than locally. Not a lot of builders in CO and even less who build enough rods to need a power wrapper.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not sure I'd buy a wrapped used myself anyway; some items are just safer to buy new.
I see they have some wrappers on sale right now at "mudhole".

I just a handmade jig and spin them by hand; works just fine for the personal building I do, tho sometimes I wish I had a power wrapper for applying epoxy.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just a handmade jig and spin them by hand; works just fine for the personal building I do, tho sometimes I wish I had a power wrapper for applying epoxy.

I've been building for years without needing a power wrapper, but a turner for applying/curing finish can be had for $30 or so and is invaluable. I'd definitely recommend picking one up.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've been building for years without needing a power wrapper, but a turner for applying/curing finish can be had for $30 or so and is invaluable. I'd definitely recommend picking one up.
Thanks for that.

I have a set of slow (6 RPM) turners for drying epoxy, but I'd like to have a high-speed one for applying the epoxy. That would mean I'd need one with a foot pedal and those are pretty costly for the few rods I build a year.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thanks for that.

I have a set of slow (6 RPM) turners for drying epoxy, but I'd like to have a high-speed one for applying the epoxy. That would mean I'd need one with a foot pedal and those are pretty costly for the few rods I build a year.

Ah, I misunderstood when you said you still spin them by hand. Depending on how fast you want it turning, you could just swap the dryer motor. You can get similar sized motors in 12 and 18 RPM, as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts