Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 snowmobiles into this lake, which we all love going to. Icefisher (happy birthday, dude!) , jclay,macman, LakerAngler, kokaneeking, and Dave (aka Bob), on a snowy, not-too-windy day (kind of!) . LakerAngler and kking put on a clinic, with both well over 20 fish each. I finished last, with 3. Took me forever to land my first, using every technique and skill I had, which wasn't much. Jeff had the fish of the day,..a nice 27 inch, 7 lb. beauty. Had a DOW tag on it,..#083, I believe.

A little info,...fished from anywhere from 10 fow-105 fow. Moved a bunch. Didn't matter. Bite was slow, (I blame the near-full moon, except for above noted two anglers). White tubes worked for most (but not for me, even fishing 4 feet from noted above anglers, who could prob catch a laker in a bathtub). Ice 12 inches near S. shore, 8-10 elsewhere. Great snow cover on lake, which is highly unusual.

Lake not important, tho a lot can guess it. Important part is going, learning, enjoying the company, and watching other better anglers, and trying to figure the bite.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Dudes. Sounds like a great day. I was thinking about ice all day long. I was working all day today.
Glad to hear you all had a great day. Couldn't think of a nicer bunch to fish with.

Now I have to figure out where we're going on Christmas day. Just hoping for good ice and a few fish.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You guys riding a yellow Ski Doo and a blue Polaris?
I might have talked to you down at the parking lot.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
It was the birth day of Icefisher. He was 38 again!

It was great to fish with all of you. Clay and dave, great to fish with you gusy. Ice man didn't have the best of days. I didn't either, until we moved and i hit this 27 inch 7 lber. Thanks go to ice for the assist, and of course being ready to work the iphone4 and taking the following pics. It was a fun 5-8 minute fight.

The nice one

The fish appeared to be tagged....uh where are my glasses?

I believe it was tag #084.....guys?

great trip up there. Way to show the old guys how to fish kokaneeking and dusty.

j

1 - 16 of 16 Posts