Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As AO said. While most everybody I know were getting their arses kicked locally, I had a predictably epic day.

Yeah Yeah, only slimers but nearly 100 lbs of slimers vs. a skunk?

Landed 22, of which maybe 5 wrere UNDER 20". Had on 6 others for a good time that popped off. Maybe a dozen other touches. Gotta love wading and hucking metal and outfishing the guys who were icefishing nearby. All but 1 fish came on a 1/4 oz. Gold Bouyant.

Finished the day with 3-5s and 2-4s. Im still high from it all.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Nice work Mikey I was at work when you called yesterday...I would think if youre ever gonna get your 1st 10 pound trout it would be there at ice off...any close to 10 yesterday since they were prolly bulging with eggs?...you gotta start throwing some big stickbaits and get that monster finally!...how was the wind?

·
Registered
16,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As usual pretty windy. Biggest about 6lb. DOW says not many 10 lbers in there. Most get to 7 or 8 lbs.

Besides Im a numbers guy. Not much interested in big stickbaits. All fish were caught in maybe 5 ft of water.

Long downwind casts were key to not spook them.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Great picts Mike, especially love the 1st one with the guys ice fishing in the background, & the line-up of Death on the shore ice. Very creative :thumb:

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
more of a case of when then where.

Good work. Oklahoma isn't gonna happen so now I'm getting ideas.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice fish Slayer, after today you'll be able to fish a lot more of that shore line, wind was chewing it up by the second. By the way you didn't do better than all the ice guys up there. :)

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
By the way you didn't do better than all the ice guys up there. :)
Yeah but you arent supposed to sleep on the lake overnight Mr Ice Whisperer...nice haul Scott!...got your text...will call u later...watching a movie with mrs Z...I put the palm tree up although I may go chase lakers on ice yet b4 it all wraps up..

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Predictable fun is still fun! :biggrin1: I caught fish on metal too this weekend:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Nice Slayer. The first pic with the pig on the far left is epic!

Buddy and I met up with Bobys and went after some bass then we went and chased bass and perch at the second spot. Got a good haul but let them all go. Next weekend will be perch tacos!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Nice!! Wish I could have made it. Mucinex and Brandy was about all I did yesterday.:madgrin: Didn't even leave the house.
Great camera work!! Need some orange meat pics from them pigs.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice!! Wish I could have made it. Mucinex and Brandy was about all I did yesterday.:madgrin: Didn't even leave the house.
Great camera work!! Need some orange meat pics from them pigs.
Bwahaha! I guess you do live up to your name!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts