Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it out to Prewitt Wednesday and caught 12 Rainbows between my brother and I, and one lone Wiper. WTF..When did they start stocking Rainbow/cutbow trout out on the eastern plains. I thought that the water got to warm for Trout out there, with water temps. getting into the low 80's during the summer. Now don't get me wrong, it was fun catching these little stockers (10 to 12 inch variety, but the Wiper going at 16" and 2 1/5 lbs. was the fun of the show. All fish caught using crawlers on the bottom. Got report that boat fishing is pretty dead right now, but get ready for end of May fun.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Yeppers what Swimbait said...nothing says Purina Wiper chow like a pellet fed silver sided ballpark frank with fins...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zman said:
Yeppers what Swimbait said...nothing says Purina Wiper chow like a pellet fed silver sided ballpark frank with fins...
As long as they were put in there for an important reason, I'm all for Purina Wiper Chow.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
catfish_al said:
zman said:
As long as they were put in there for an important reason, I'm all for Purina Wiper Chow.
Eastern plains locals love eating them too....You should see the experts skiing them across the water straight to the cooler, it's enough to nring out your inner child giggling......even better when a Z-esque person does it.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
They do love them on the plains...They'll stock them early before the water warms up in order to give the locals a "taste" for trout. Like Andrew said...the locals love em...and they only get to catch them once a year, usually fished out in a week or so...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts