Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, well guess it's about time I posted something. Been chasing the slimmers lately. I've been hoping to get into a double digit fish, that hasn't happened but all the same I think I'm moving on to other species now. Here's a couple pics;

Here's the prettiest one I've caught, colorful cutbow;

This was the biggest one I've caught lately 6lbs;

And the hardest fighter lately, mostly what I caught is males and this female really fought noticeably harder;

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trout three ways;

I have selectively harvested a few fish lately, I never kept more than one fish per trip and had I got into the double digit fish I was lookin for I'd have released it for sure.

Meat quality;

Heads

Tails

I cooked this one for my mom,. for mother's day

My lovely wife with spring roll, apps for mother's day dinner;

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been doing a lil bit of other fishin too, I hit a warm water fishery near by, funny thing was what should I catch.....a rainbow trout, lol apparently that's all I can catch these days. Thought it was a walleye when I saw it first but it was not an eye ....I took a pic anyways prolly around 18" prolly a nice trout for the location, I never took it out of the water or touched it, just pulled the jig with my pliers and watched it swim away.

Here's another one of my better one's lately, screwin around with photo editing program as well....

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Great report and feesh!!! And the foods... WOW, want. I love what you/wife are doin with the fish. Spring rolls are a standard in my house as well...soooo good.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Double digit slimer in this state will definitely take some work. I dont think I have seen too many reports of double digit slimers in Colorado. Way to go on those pigs!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Always make me hungry with the food pics! I want some of those spring rolls with peanut sauce...Yummy.

Nice fish too

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice bows! There is definitely a family resemblance between mom and son.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts