Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from trip to Shelter Cove Lodge in Craig Alaska. This place is a first class lodge...everything is top notch. We fished three days and caught king salmon, halibut, ling cod, black bass and a few other bottom fish. We only kept about 75 lbs. of fish. If anyone would like some free salmon and halibut we have some left from our trip last year? We flew into Ketchikan and then took a float plane to Craig.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Just got back from trip to Shelter Cove Lodge in Craig Alaska. This place is a first class lodge...everything is top notch. We fished three days and caught king salmon, halibut, ling cod, black bass and a few other bottom fish. We only kept about 75 lbs. of fish. If anyone would like some free salmon and halibut we have some left from our trip last year? We flew into Ketchikan and then took a float plane to Craig.
I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands if you're offering...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RED LEADER: Did the sea lions get your fish......a lot? The darn things had it figured out. They would be waiting every morning and as soon as someone hooked up....gulp! Tried free spooling and it almost worked but I was a tad slow and lost my biggest fish. I lost a total of three. One guy lost eight. We saw a ton of whales. I guess 15 years or so ago there was an estimated 1,500 in South East and now they are estimating 7,000. They are concerned about them crashing the food source and other species that eat the same things.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
You must have gone to Pineapple rock, lol.
Yah I've got a video of one coming out of the water with my son in laws king in its mouth.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Lot's of Whales in Kachemak bay where I'm at also.
last fall there were hundreds in the bay that stayed into the winter. Locals said they had never seen that before.
We see them daily off our deck along with nonstop Eagles.
Gotta love the Greatland!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We fished the pineapple but didn't do very well there. I lost my biggest at the cape. The best for us was 4.5 miles out on a plateau in 200'. We had it all to ourselves and no sea lions. Man, the number of boats a the rock pile was a big surprise..I counted 34 all bunched up. Did you take your boat up this season? I sure enjoyed your travel log last year.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
We fished the pineapple but didn't do very well there. I lost my biggest at the cape. The best for us was 4.5 miles out on a plateau in 200'. We had it all to ourselves and no sea lions. Man, the number of boats a the rock pile was a big surprise..I counted 34 all bunched up. Did you take your boat up this season? I sure enjoyed your travel log last year.
They've got it down, I love mooching cut plug herring.
A friend of mine got a 62lber at the Pineapple several years ago.
Heard about some big big ones from the cape also.
I get all the Salmon and Halibut I want out of Homer but sure miss the dungies and the friends I made from Southeast.
Gonna need to head back there in a few years.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Thank you jones boy! Can't wait to grill it all up!

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Just cooked it! Seared it on the grill with after marinating in lemon juice, Italian seasoning garlic and olive oil... And ate it with some wasabi and siracha. Pretty effin' good!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
And I made fish tacos outta salmon and green onions yesterday. Made the taco seasoning myself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts