Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Belonged to a private club with 4 small lakes and let my membership expire after 2 years. Fishing was great but honestly, too easy. Get a bite on almost every cast and after awhile , there just wasn't any challenge to it.

A fishing club with access to a bigger lake would have been different-these lakes were just 30-40 ac each. When theres no challenge, it gets boring after awhile. But a great place to take newbies and put them on fish that were more than willing to cooperate.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
I wanna fish those lakes north of longmont. Supposedly a few of em have mongo pike.

too bad 90 percent of fishermen in colorado are a-holes.... Maybe if people were ethical and not littering douchebags, more private lake owners would say yes if you knocked on their door.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
That is soooooo true. When I belonged to the club there was NEVER even a scrap of trash anywhere. And you got to fish in most of the time in complete solitude (only 30 members).

So there was an upside.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Private lake fishing is cheating!!!

But if that's what you want, hop the fence at Marston >:D

·
Registered
341 Posts
T.Weezy said:
Private lake fishing is cheating!!!

But if that's what you want, hop the fence at Marston >:D
No, its only cheating if you place a report. I've been skunked plenty at private lakes.

Pellet ponds are cheating. O0 O0

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Private lakes are great not only for the fishing, but they aren't trashed, I don't have to worry about some drunk idiots screaming cuss words in front of my son, smokinng dope in plain sight...etc...

If cheating is fishing somewhere were the resource is respected and not abused by the masses... I'll gladly cheat.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Doc, have you tried Carol Anne? I was a member from 1998-2003.
Mostly fly fisherman but, some gear guys as well. There were some absolute monsters in that lake....trout (PB at 34"), SM and LM bass to 24",Carp to 40" (Punch insisted you KILL the MFers), Crappie to 16" and the largest bluegill I have ever seen (some to 2 lbs). I've heard that there are tiger trout and wiper in there now( can't confirm). Any way, it was a blast back then , as long as you could take the crap that Punch was dishing out.....Good times for sure and definitly not easy fishing..

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I fish the biggest private lake in the state every year and it's really great!

>:D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I would love to fish that huge gravel pit/private pond on the south west corner of 104th and 76. Every time I drive by I go crazy.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Benson said:
I would love to fish that huge gravel pit/private pond on the south west corner of 104th and 76. Every time I drive by I go crazy.
The one with the residence and kids that are always jetskiing too? I think that's off 88th and I 76.

There's one private lake I had the privilege of fishing once... I'm not gonna name location but the ones who know me and heard the fishtales know where it is. When I was there, I felt like I was in the garden of eden but exchange garden with a 20 acre pond filled with big wipers, largemouth bass and slab crappie. I would give most of my fishing gear to have a legal chance at fishing it again.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Dave, I believe that is the one. It has a spanish style ranch home with a red tile roof I believe. A gas station, bar and car wash on that corner also.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Benson said:
Dave, I believe that is the one. It has a spanish style ranch home with a red tile roof I believe. A gas station, bar and car wash on that corner also.
sounds just like the one off 120th and highway 85. I drool when I see that place. I bet the smallmouth fishing in there could be amazing with all the submerged trees on that southeast corner.

I asked one guy in weld county who owned a winery that I delivered to, with 3 ponds about the fishing in his ponds (huge crappie and gills) and dropped clues that I'd like to go there on my day off. he laughed and explained how he hates fishing public places because of how bad people trash them... I told him, "yeah.. if I owned these 3 ponds, I wouldn't let ANYONE look at them let alone fish them. you are a lucky dude."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts