Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a Floridian with a lot of Saltwater fishing experience. I just bought a small place in the Jefferson/Como area of Colorado primarily for trout fishing. I have done a few guided trout trips and several on my own. Does anyone have any information on "fee to fish" areas that they have personally enjoyed and feel are worth the price. I don't mind paying a fee if it let's me not have to fight crowds and presents a viable fishing opportunity.
I really appreciate your help, and if I can assist you on Florida, Bahamas, South and Central American fishing, please feel free to contact me.
Bill Hadley :)

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I lived in florida a while myself and heading down this tuesday. 4-5-05 to fish. In parker know, i have fished around those areas como and jefferson alot and there are some good beaver ponds in that area. the only pay place around there I know is a private club along the north fork of the platte, it has trophy trout in it but its really expensive and pretty sure you have to use a guide there. Believe if you do a web search for long meadow on the north fork of the south platte you can find that club.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Pretty much every lake that isn't out of the way requires you to pay 5 bucks to park at. I know not what you were looking for, but just thought you should know to by the parks pass everytime you go to a place requiring it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bear,
Thank you for that. I was initially unaware of the fee park system, but now have used it on a few occasions. I think this is great as long as the money goes back to the resource!
Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts