Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but, I am comfortable with that.... ;D

How do I know if I can use my belly boat on a body of water or not?

I don't see it listed in the regs. Is any body of water fair game?

Any help will be greatly appreciated for this poor soul.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I could be wrong and im sure it wont be the first time but I THINK as long as the regs say you can wade than you can belly boat. With that said; I think as long as it doesnt say otherwise than its fair game.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
    Hey Zias... not that stupid of a question. I bought my 1st float tube to go out on Jim Baker res. & a couple other local ponds here in town.The guy at Garts told me he floated on Baker res. alot,well after I bought it I headed down to the water and sure as heck there was a big old sign," NO FLOAT TUBES ". So before going to any other of the places  I wanted to try I would call the city parks and rec office where the pond was,and they pretty much told me even if the ponds are not posted ,there is no swimming,wading, or floating allowed mostly because of insurance regs. What sucked is when I called Arvada about a pond I know has great bass the guy didn't even know there was fish in it!!! ???
     Any way best to call even if they are not posted! Good luck & cya on the water.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The"fishing close to home" book has information on waters that allow tubes. The latest issue was Jan. 2006. You can get it from the Division of Wildlife or I got mine at Discount Fishing tackle on south Santa Fe last night.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
It varies lake by lake. As a general rule if a lake allows boating of any kind you can belly boat it, like Jay said if you are allowed to wade it you can usually belly boat it. But some lakes allow belly boats and dont allow wading.
If there are no signs that say no wading, no swimming, no boating. I personally would belly boat until told not to. >:D But thePikester's suggestion to call is a very good one as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts