Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm goin to Bass lake over at prospect park. I was just wondering if the fishing is good there?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Bass Lake (Prospect Park Lakes) is a "decent" lake (more like a pond really) that gives up a few bass in the 14 to 15 inch range. There are 4 lakes total here and one will always fish better than the other given the day. West and N. Tabor lake should also be cast into or at least looked at when you come here.

But I wouldn't drive too far to fish Prospect Park Lakes IMO. The area gets a high amount of pedestrian traffic and abuse. The level of trash can be intolerable at times as well. I live close by so you can find me here from time to time trying to get in a few casts afterwork or on a "short" weekend.

One of the problems I see here most is "baiters" pillaging Bass and West lake which are artificial fly/lure only. If you see this activity...call Wheatridge Animal and Parks (303) 235-2926

·
Registered
472 Posts
Which one is best? Very tough question for this place as conditions are so varied per lake. But if I had to pick one, it would be West. Harder to fish in the late summer but has the best fish...more weeds but better fish. Just my opinion.

What makes this park a bit unique is you have 4 seperate ponds, 2 on either side of Clear Creek that have varied conditions year round.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts