Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Prospect Ponds tonight. Started in the afternoon trying to get the little tiny bass using small hooks under a bobber. Caught tons of those, but snagged a few lines on a log. If any of you were out there, i was idiot who was hoping from log to log and falling in the water. :-[ But with my limited funds, every hook, lure, and bobber is worth getting wet for. About sunset, switched over to gear for bigger bass, a few bites, but no fish over 6 inches to report. After looking over the pond, i am thinking there should be some catfish in these ponds. Plenty of hiding and a huge shallow lake for them. Sometime i am going to go back and try for cats.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Hehe, I could just see you out on the log trying to balance and bend down with one hand to get your hook. Good luck with the cats, and better luck with them bass next time.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
wonmorefish said:
so its stocked finnaly. Do you know what they put in it
He is talking about the ones in FT. Collins I believe.

·
Registered
578 Posts
hunterfishercamper said:
Went to Prospect Ponds tonight. Started in the afternoon trying to get the little tiny bass using small hooks under a bobber. Caught tons of those, but snagged a few lines on a log. If any of you were out there, i was idiot who was hoping from log to log and falling in the water. :-[ But with my limited funds, every hook, lure, and bobber is worth getting wet for. About sunset, switched over to gear for bigger bass, a few bites, but no fish over 6 inches to report. After looking over the pond, i am thinking there should be some catfish in these ponds. Plenty of hiding and a huge shallow lake for them. Sometime i am going to go back and try for cats.
I haven't seen any bass in Prospect Ponds that are over 12" to 14" since last year. I haven't had any luck this year at all for bigger bass there. My luck this year has been at Riverbend Ponds. Have you seen any Tiger Muskies cruising in Prospect Ponds? I haven't been out there for about a month now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I caught one 13" bass at Prospect ponds last weekend. Nothing too special.

I haven't seen many people have luck out there.

A guy and his son were fishing for cats when I was out last W/E. He said he used to catch nice big ones a couple years back but everything now is pretty small. YMMV.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There should be some big cats in there, during the spring when we first started fishing for this year there was a good sized dead cat on the shore. Most likely caught by someone and left to die. Kinda sad and frustrating. I think it was in the 20" to 25" range.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to Prospect Ponds in Wheatridge or Westminister, they are right off of the highway by teh Ward exit. This was my first time there. Catfishunter took me to show me the little bass there. There were tons of these little bass. That or the few were stupid enough to hit the bait over and over!  :D I dont know if they stocked it but that could explain the enormous numbers of baby bass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts