Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone here that fishes Prospect Ponds in Ft. Collins? If so, any luck yet? There are Tiger Muskies in Pond #3 according to a DOW post at Sportsman's Warehouse in Loveland.

·
Registered
636 Posts
My girlfriend and I fished Prospect Ponds about half a dozen times last year. I am not familiar with the pond names/numbering or even knew that there was muskie there. Anyways, I have had great luck catching bass and crapppie with minnows under a bobber in the corner areas of the ponds. Nothing big (except one huge largemouth) but it is always fun to catch something. Also noticed that there are tons of shad and snakes there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Scorpion,

Do you happen to know which is #3? The very first one is private and then there are 2 larger ponds after it and one really small one on the opposite side (West side) of the road, I'm guessing the second large one (the south one) is #3?

Thanks!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kadiya said:
Hey Scorpion,

Do you happen to know which is #3?  The very first one is private and then there are 2 larger ponds after it and one really small one on the opposite side (West side) of the road, I'm guessing the second large one (the south one) is #3?

Thanks!
I agree with you, I believe that #3 is the second large one. Gonna check it out this year.

·
Registered
60 Posts
AHHHH I Can't wait! Thank you so much for the info I had no idea there were tigers in there. I think I might try it tomorrow with my new waders ;D I just saw my first tiger today at Quincy man those monsters are gorgeous! That damn thing was teasing me I swear! It kept coming over to my spot and was mocking me I think. Let me know if you are able to catch a Tiger there scorpion.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure hope to catch one there, but so far no luck. I just read an article in an old copy of Colorado fishing and hunting by Giles Alkire. He said Prospect Pond #3 is in his top 8 favorite places in Colorado to fish tigers.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Fished today and didn't have no bites at the ponds. I did lose one of my new $12 musky spinners though. I never realized how deep those ponds really are. I waded out there and could only go out about ten feet. Lots of big logs and cement structures out there.

Scorpion_bsk, ever fish the riverbend ponds just north-east of prospect ponds?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gotmusky? said:
Fished today and didn't have no bites at the ponds.  I did lose one of my new $12 musky spinners though.  I never realized how deep those ponds really are.  I waded out there and could only go out about ten feet.  Lots of big logs and cement structures out there. 

Scorpion_bsk, ever fish the riverbend ponds just north-east of prospect ponds?
That's too bad about your musky spinner. I have lost a bit of tackle there also! I always knew those ponds were deep but I don't know how deep they are. Yes, I do fish the Riverbend Ponds also. There is, I think a total of 7 Riverbend Ponds. If you go north on Timberline there is 4 more Riverbend Ponds right after the river.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went out to Prospect Ponds again today. I sure wish the action would pick up a little more! I want to get in my new waders and jump into my new float tube and go have fun!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Some friends and I went near the prospect ponds, the lakes that are on the west side of timberline north of prospect, basically diagonal of prospect ponds, and only caught one 14" Largemouth. The action just wasn't very good yesterday at all. You'd think it would have been great for how beautiful of a day it was, but I guess with the front heading in it caused them to not want to bite. Was definitely disappointing but now after hearing about the prospect ponds we'll try there as well. Someone please post here if you have any luck at all and whatever baits/techniques you were using. Would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts