Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read on the DOW stocking report that both lakes got stocked. I went to Quail but got nothing. I'm thinking of trying Prospect tmrw. Any suggestions on good spots on both lakes ? I had been using the docks at Quail but for some reason they closed them down. I also tried prospect after Easter weekend by the boat rental building but got no hits.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL no prob, I will definitly check into the tube float regulations. I think I'll go by "Outlaws Bait Shop" and pick some up. What kind of minnows do you recommend ? I've just been fishing for 2 weeks after not fishing for about 7yrs. I guess I'm a beginner again.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Here are the 3 spots I catch fish 98% of the time I visit the 3 Colorado Springs lakes. You might see a pattern.
1. Quail Lake - The first cove between the dock and the rip rap dam, cast parallel to the rip rap 5-10ft from shore.
2. Prospect Lake - 10 - 15 ft left of the Handicap pier on the rip rap, cast straight out have landed fish caught from 5-20 ft out. Larger fish usually caught about 10 ft from shore. But only stocker trout here.
3. Pikeview Lake - the North dock casting parallel to shore along the rip rap. Cast 5 - 10 ft off the rip rap.

These 3 spots pretty much always garantee a fish for the kids when I take them. In the warmer months the bluegills will hide in the rocks and using small hooks and pieces of worms usually keeps them entertained if the trout bite is slow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts