Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Prospect Ponds Saturday. Landed 2 nice bass on the fantastic plastics. One from shore and one from the belly boat.

Both fish picked the bait off the bottom. Action was pretty slow but its nice to see a few decent bass left here.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
HookNLine said:
Nice fish man, when are you going on tour? Whats up with the Micheal Jackson glove?
Is that what that is??? I thought it was an O.J. glove. ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i bet its a "bass" glove you see when you lip as many toads as mattsabasser you wouldnt have any skin left on your thumb with out it, i hope some day i need one

nice fish dude like like them dark colored ones looks nice and healthy

F

·
0 Posts
good lookin fish.....they have some nice ones in that back pond.....the glove is wierd dude!!!!!!!!jk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice fish! It's good to read one of your posts again. Those gloves really help when you catch as many hawgs as you do.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HFC, fishing this place is usually a "miss" on bigger fish and I mostly catch the 12'ers and 13'ers. Get yourself a belly boat and you will do much much better here. The shoreline gets pounded by anglers through the year pushing off the fish shortly after the spawn starts. (Yes, anglers work them right off the nests).

West Lake...heavy weed bed makes shore casting difficult but if you focus on the "pockets" an angler can get a few in the deeper water. Look for the areas where most don't fish. Weedless gear like the senko style worms or grubs are a good choice.

Tabor...Bass are caught from shore here and the vegetation is substantially less. Spinnerbaits, crankbaits and even spoons in yellow, green or firetiger can be worked here and cast far. This is the best option for the shore angler on Tabor in my opinion.

Bass Lake...heavy sedimentation, near deadpool, just keep walking.

Prospect Lake...Poor water quality. Mostly carp and cats. Don't fish here unless you plan on re-spooling when you get home.

Most important at PPL...mental attitude. My first year here was horrible. I seemed to be fighting everything. If I wasn't frustrated by trash, leash-less dogs wading in front of me, I was hung up in the weedbed. Relax, take it easy and keep expectations low. Precision casting to the wood structure on Tabor is also key in my opinion.

If you are willing to put in your T.O.W. (time on water) just about any urban spot will give up some GREAT fish. Not everytime...not even most of the time...but it will happen.

My name is Matt and I'm a fishaholic.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Thanks for the pep talk. Prospect ponds is close to my in-laws and I occasionally spend time there but I get discouraged because it seems to get less productive every year. I have noticed Tabor is getting some better fishing populations, though. I see little bass in there where I didn't see anything a couple of years ago.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Mattsabasser said:
My name is Matt and I'm a fishaholic.
You are among friends Matt no need to be ashamed. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts