Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like a license plate for us river enthusiests is being proposed. They need 3k signatures. Here is the link to sign the petition to make the plate.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/protectourrivers/

I went ahead and signed it. Not sure I will get it if it comes out, but it sure looks better than the one I have now. I was a bit disappointed they ask for a donation after you sign, but I blew that off.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Signed. I think I will get it. Then again I made a donation to be eligible for the Bronco plates and never made it back to get them.

After yesterday maybe that was a good thing?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Oyey said:
COCarp said:
100% of donations go to ipetitions...WTF?
Completely lame... scam bastads
Lighten up, Francis. It's not a scam. They tell you up front what is going to happen after you sign the petition.

Anyone on this board who doesn't sign the petition is missing an EASY opportunity to help our waters in Colorado. It takes seconds and can help TU raise much needed funds for our state's fishing and boating resources.

From CTU:

The Protect Our Rivers License Plate

In the 2011 legislative session, Colorado Trout Unlimited is introducing a bill to create the Protect Our Rivers license plate. To help ensure passage of the bill, we need to collect 3,000 signatures from Colorado residents that are interested in later purchasing the license plate. Note that signing the petition does not obligate you to purchase – at this time, you are merely expressing an interest.

Once the bill is passed, to obtain the Protect Our Rivers license plate, you must make a one-time, tax-deductible donation of $25 to Colorado Trout Unlimited. This money will be used to help CTU fulfill its mission of protecting, conserving and restoring Colorado’s rivers – the money will remain local, 100% will be allocated within Colorado. The design of the license plate has not been finalized yet, but it is likely to be very similar to the sample below:

Do the right thing. Sign the petition. It obligates you to nothing but has the potential to pay large dividends in the end.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait a second... did any of you actually read my post? I signed the petition (and obviously got others to as well).. just don't like the nature of the donation aftarwords. Perhaps Bo, Frances is staring at you in the mirror!

·
Registered
382 Posts
1863 and counting.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts