Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Republican House committee has decided to shoot down the Protect Our Rivers license plate; I haven't been directly involved in this, but I know a number of people here helped promote it along the way. They are afraid that TU will use the money for lobbying and litigation.

Wouldn't it be poetic justice if we all joined together and got TU the money they would have gotten anyways...and then permitted them to use it for lobbying and litigation! ;D

Disappointing to say the least...

http://www.denverpost.com/dontmiss/ci_17321418

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Although I thought it was a good idea, you gotta admit there is some irony there. TU has used it's money in the past to play the political (lobbying) game, now they are on the losing side of it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
DENVER—A special Colorado license plate saying "Protect Our Rivers" has been rejected...

FAIL.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From J. Paul Brown's election site:
" J. Paul Brown will wage a vigorous campaign to promote meaningful jobs for all Coloradans, rein in wasteful government spending, reduce needless bureaucracy, and stimulate local business. All of this he pledges to accomplish in a manner that respects the individual, our beautiful and bountiful environment, and the values that have been the founding pillars of our nation."

How does allowing a non-profit, non-governmental, conservation entity like Trout Unlimited to raise funds for conservation that benefits all Coloradans not fit into that claim?! Seems a bit hypocritical, no?

From Don Coram's election site:
"Responsible development, use and management of our natural resources, while insuring protection of our environment, are critical to resolving the economic issues we now face."

Really? I think we've found another hypocrite in the House Committee!

From Marsha Looper's bio:
"As well as working the family's ranch in Calhan, the Loopers were co-owners of Waterworks Sales, a multi-state water and sewer pipe distribution company which was ultimately purchased by a national corporation, Hughes Supply, Inc. Lynn remains there as branch manager, but finds time to be active with the Pikes Peak Range Riders and to work on their "Pikes Peak Pivots" committee, which promotes our acclaimed Peaks Peak or Bust Rodeo throughout the country, and is also a member of the El Paso County Soil and Water Conservation Society. "

Haha, yep...figures. Talk about a conflict of interest in local politics. Involved with a water distribution pipe company...in El Paso County...whoda thunk it? I suppose that company that she is the branch manager for now will get contracts for supplying pipes for any future water distribution projects in the county whose only way to supply its residents with water in the future will be to pipe it in.

Jerry Sonnenberg, Marsha Looper, J. Paul Brown, and Don Coram are clearly voting in their own best interests and not that of their constituents...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
It is lame we could not get this.

TU has done much to negatively affect too many Coloradans so I cannot blame the vote.

I spent many years as a member of TU. I have given monetarily and physically to many programs. I like a lot that they do...but The Nickums and Vances have controlled it for to long here and its time that the whole guard be changed in CO.

And Republican smashing only shows inadequate understanding of the issues.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
wangchung said:
So I'm a republican and I think y'all should keep the politics out of your comments.
1) welcome to the forum
2) hahaha, good luck with that
3) try not to take politics personally.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts