Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wasn't intending to threaten Violence, just merely chasing some people out. Anyway I'm kind of strong on my views & get carried away every once & a while.

Here is the e-mail I recieved today after making reports to 4 different people. Enjoy Fellas.

Thank you for writing and sharing your concerns and experience on the Gold
Medal Waters at Eleven Mile. I have forwarded your e-mail on behalf of
Commissioner Crawford to the Southeast Regional Manager Dan Prenzlow for his
consideration regarding the possible wildlife violation and the posting of
regulations in Spanish as well as English. Your suggestion has also been
forwarded to the Assistant Director of Field Operations for consideration on
new DOW signs in the future.

The best way to report wildlife violations is to call our OGT Program if an
officer is not in the vicinity. Call: 1-800-332-4155 toll-free. The DOW
depends on the help of concerned sportsmen and citizens in protecting
Colorado's wildlife since our officers cannot be in all places at once in
this big state of ours.

Again, thank you for sharing the information and your suggestion on the
posting of regulations.

Melody Wallis
Assistant to the Wildlife Commission
Colorado Division of Wildlife
6060 Broadway
Denver, CO 80216
303-291-7306

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thats cool that you did something . I guess whatever it takes but Im not gonna lie it is frustrating to see stuff in spanish all over . I have strong views on that but this isnt the forum to discuss that . Its just frustrating all over the state people dont care about the body of water they fish . I still think you should have to take a fishing ethics class before you can obtain a license . Back in the day you father showed you how to be in the outdoors and respect it . I think with broken family's and all the other problems our kids face they dont get the right knowledge on the outdoors . When I was a kid we would go fishing all over and if you didnt pick up after yourself and my oldman seen it you got your butt spanked . At the time I just knew that if i didnt pick up I got spanked now I know why my dad felt so strongly about it then and I do now . I think the problem is everywhere with every race it just hurts a little harder when its prime fish habitat in a senic setting .

·
Registered
472 Posts
Kudos TL. Ethical anglers really need to start stepping up the pressure against poor behavoir. Otherwise the abuse will just continue to get worse.

Good anglers outnumber the bad at least 10 to 1, even more so on Gold Medal waters. So there really shouldn't be any reason why anglers like ourselves can't unite and turn the tide against the misguided few. Fishing can only get better as a result.

Thank you for taking a stand, TL.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Regarding 11-Mile, has anyone heard about the possibility of shutting down the canyon to fishing due the the mud snail thing? I read it somewhere on the internet, but could be a rumor. I don't see how it would do any good, because they have probably spread to other waters.

·
Banned
487 Posts
silicone boy said:
Regarding 11-Mile, has anyone heard about the possibility of shutting down the canyon to fishing due the the mud snail thing? I read it somewhere on the internet, but could be a rumor. I don't see how it would do any good, because they have probably spread to other waters.
If that happens we should sue. That is so ridiculous that anyone with any sense at all should laugh at that notion.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
They have decided that they are going to see if the mud snail damages the water... they have given up on trying to contain them. Just wash your waders before moving onto another water system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts