Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Colorado Division of Wildlife (DOW) has authorized a public fish salvage at three bodies of water in southeastern Colorado beginning May 15. The waters are: Upper Queens Lake, Nee So Pah Reservoir (also know as Sweetwater Reservoir) and the small, separated eastern most pool of Nee Noshe Reservoir.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/news/press.asp?pressid=3466

Dan

·
Registered
405 Posts
Never been part of a salvage. So anything goes? Catch em in nets, bags, pots, pans, open umbrellas.. hehe.. is that it?

Pete

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds that way but if you use more than one umbrella you need a second umbrella stamp! ;)

Dan

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hahahah, and umbrella length not to exceed 36 inches.. good one Dan!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey no kidding, you don't even have to use fishing tackle? Is it that serious of a fish plight? Gee, I thought you just fished and kept all you caught.

[Hey, anybody got a front end loader?]

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Hmm..Intriguing...I've personally never done the salvage thing,used to think it was stupid,or immoral or something-but now I've become more opportunistic in my mature years.I,m also very adept with a snag hook as my terminal tackle.So many lakes,so little time!

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Hey fk-can you get close enough to the water to launch a raft?Me and my bro have a 2 manr and maybe do some driftin.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
you can back a truck right up to the water on the west side and some parts of the south side
i think a small boat would work good out there
all you have to do is find the schools of fish and sit on them

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
hell.... i'm probably gonna head out there too. it's either put to use of the fish since DOW aint gonna transfer em somewhere else OR let em turn to fish jerkey for the flies and vultures.

·
Registered
30 Posts
fishing kats

I am heading to Queens on Sunday and returning on Monday. Never been there even though I was born and raised in Ordway. Any other advise on fishing Queens would be greatly appriciated.

NOLUCK (Jose)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where is queen's? How long a drive from Broomfield / Westminster area? I am very interested in going tomorrow. Is it a easy one day trip?

Sorry for all the questions,

pieter

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
You go east on I-70 to just past limon and take us 287 to Eads.Continue south on us287 about 12 miles or so.Youll see nee noshe on the left continue a mile or two and see the sign on left to queens.The entire area is the queens state wildlife area so it can be confusing.Like he said about 3 hrs from westminster.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
so who all is coming down this way
wow i might get to meet some of you
i hope you all come down and catch alot of fish

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Me and my bro were all set but something came up (the old lady!).Oh well,another time.Damn,I can feel those fish on the line!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts