Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
347 Posts
I was there on Saturday and fished by shiprock all day. I really didn't graph any fish except in the North shore marina. Lost a total of 5 lures jigging the rock piles by shiprock. It was a very nice day. On the boat, the air temp got up to 62 degrees, I even got a little sun burned on my face. No fish but it sure is nice to be on the water.

· Registered
347 Posts
Shiprock Coves and Shiprock are both on the north side of the reservior located in between The North Shore Marina and Sailboat Flats. Shiprock is a gigantic cluster of huge boulders located just outside the mouth of Shiprock Coves where the river channel swings near the Bluffs. Kirbydog and Earplug have very good luck there catching bass, walleye, and even catfish.

· Registered
347 Posts
Mac---Follow the River channel off the dam. It swings real close to shore there on the North side. The very first turn the channel takes there near the bluff is the beginning of Shiprock Coves, also the rock pile called Shiprock is right there at the channel bend. Right now, Shiprock aka big pile of rocks is out of the water, but in the past it has been submerged. Good luck finding it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.