Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the ugly red boat to Pueblo today. Got there a little late 08:15. I did this on purpose so that someone else could break through the ice at the North marina. Surprisingly, there was no ice around the docks.

Trolled Rapala along the north shore line most of the day but did pause to jig occasionally. Even tried a bottom bouncer in about 60 ft. of water trailing a live minnow. Got three hits all on the Rapala, one "bink" then nothing, one good hit but came off and left a small chunk of meat on the back hook (does it count as a fish landed if you land a chunk of the fish??), and landed one rainbow about 14 inches (sorry no pics on this trip).

It was windy (say average 13 to 15 knots out of the west-northwest) but manageable ? except I could not stay stationary, or even close to stationary, to jig properly ? with that wind it was more like trolling the jig. Water temperature was 37°F.

Did see a few other boats but was too far away from them to identify.

Was a pleasant sunny day and as a bonus, I didn't get skunked! :D Fished till about 17:30.

Mac

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Methiolate Man or Kibydog,

I still do not know where "shiprock" is ... I posted a set of detailed maps (I hope they turned out) and apparently your names for the place do not match what the official names are, or the area is just not labeled. I have spotted a sailboat launch along the north shore east of the north shore marina. I may know what you are talking about though ... Is it located about 40% of the way (going east) from the North shore marina to the dam face just south of eastern-most Juniper Breaks campground? or is it west of the North shore marina?

Pueblo - East half:

Pueblo - West half:

Thanks again,
Mac

P.S.
I also posed links below so you can maybe get a bigger version ...

http://i1.tinypic.com/muk3s9.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/muk36t.jpg

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Meth. Man & Zman,

I know exactly the spot ... I especially like the little saddle on the east side of shiprock ... neet bit of structure.

Mac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.