Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a weather report, it was great and warm water temp was 37.5 near the ice to 40.3 the lake is about 9 1/2 feet from full pool in many places you can see a white lore about 10 feet down but i think all the fish went south for the winter

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
setthehook said:
Is mid-lake area (Denver Cove) frozen?
dave, it's a pretty solid 1.5" all the way across just west of the dow ramp... east of that is open 'cept for most of the shallow coves.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
sposed to be nice.... hope you have better luck finding them than we did.
let me know if you need to know where they're not :D

·
Registered
838 Posts
setthehook said:
ItsaBigun said:
dave, it's a pretty solid 1.5" all the way across just west of the dow ramp... east of that is open 'cept for most of the shallow coves.
Thanks. I might be down there Sunday.
Give it up already. It's time for ice fishing. There will be plenty of eyes and green carp in the Spring.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Fowl_Hooked said:
Give it up already. It's time for ice fishing. There will be plenty of eyes and green carp in the Spring.
Dr Depthing and some slabbing...getting ready for spring/summer. Need to burn some fuel through the motors too. Wanna go? ;D

·
Registered
838 Posts
setthehook said:
Fowl_Hooked said:
Dr Depthing and some slabbing...getting ready for spring/summer. Need to burn some fuel through the motors too. Wanna go? ;D
If those shad would die off I would be interested -- hard to compete with an easy meal this time of year. C & I are going to hit the ice in the AM

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I checked all the usual places pretty thoroughly in my canoe today.

The absence of fish was making be think my sonar was shot.
Just a lot of nothing along the big East end.
Some shore fishermen caught some Trout. One got stuck in the mud.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have to agree!!!!!!! There is something to be said about crankin that outboard up, feelin the power and fishin with the long rods. I may be a native resident of Colorado but as for me I would much rather be on a boat than standing on ice looking down a 10" hole.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Byron, Not a single bite for me yesterday either. But the walleye will be coming alive late Feb and I'll be throwing jerks-its not much more than a month away!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts