Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mike and coleman met me at the hen house at 8am for breakfast and we got on the water a bit after 9. the lake was calm and air temp was 24 deg we tried a couple of places before the breeze came up, then we went to another spot and discovered we couldnt fish there as a hunter was already in the spot so we went across the lake to give him room. then tried a few more spots and about 1pm mike hooked a cat fish then he got a short eye. both came from 86 feet of water. by this time the air temp was in the low 30s and the wind chill was in the 20s so we called it a day at 1:30. the water temp was 39.9 to 41.1. mike was kind to me and gave me the cat as it would feed 1 person but not a family of 3, thanks mike

Disclaimer!!! no spearfishermen were hurt on this trip

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Thanks for the update and congrats on getting your first fish of 2011-gonna try to get out Thur.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I was just telling my brother tonight that I hadn't seen a report from you guys in a while, so glad to hear you were able to get out and put a couple in the boat. Happy New Year, and I sure hope I get to fish with all of you at least a few times this year.
Al

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Nice job Byron...and waita let those spearfishermen go!!...

Greenpeace approves of this thread!...

·
Registered
144 Posts
No it wasn't us. We were set up in the back of north shore cove. Which had been holding ducks. But we only saw three while we were there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts