Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from deep water spooning-caught walleye and catfish. One of the catfish was about 24", the others were about 20". They were all fat as footballs. Got them all on a 1/2 oz Rapala jigging rap in about 55-65 ft of water. Tried a 13/4 oz. kastmaster for awhile and got some bumps but no hookups.

The lake is really starting to come up nicely-a small island in north Marina cove that used to be 3-4 ft out of water is now the same amount under water. Water temp was 37-38. I graphed very few fish shallower than 35 ft-everything seems to be in their winter haunts.

The early morning was actually alot nicer than noon-no wind and the sun was mostly out. Then about 11 am the wind started up and by noon it was 15-20. This can be a great place to fish when the wind doesn't come up.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Channel cats or flatheads? I hear Brush Hollow has open water. :p I got a float tube for christmas Im iching to use.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ken-Lake is free of any ice as far west as mid-island. Didn't see another boat out on the lake and just a few cars parked along the shore down near the dam. But on a nice weather weekend day they've been getting 15-20 boats out on the lake. Most guys are trolling for the rainbow.

Epic-They were channels-I think they put the flatheads in here just a couple of yrs. ago. And from the pictures I saw on here under another post it looks like Brush Hollow is also completely open. Might go down there later this wk.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
You had a grea day.
Curious where you find the Rapala jigs? Your going to make me tacke poor
Did the Cats put up much of a fight?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I hope some time you show me how your catching these fish in 65 feet Kirbydog! Good job. I will be at Brush Hollow on Wedesday in my red Lowe looking for some bass. Any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts