Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coleman brought the wallygobbler down to see how it ran with the new lower unit that canon marine installed last week. he got here about noon and we went to the henhouse for a slopper, then to the range to sight in his rifles that he will be taking elk hunting at the end of the month. he also brought his 40 s&w and his 45 auto for me to try before i buy one, i think the 40 might be the one.

then we put the boat on about 4:45 and started hunting wipers, ran into oyey and the boys at sundown and none of us had done any good. just after dark coleman hooked a wiper of about 6lbs on a rogue while i had a couple of hits but no hook ups. about 8:45 i had a wiper blast a big hole in the water on my rogue and he made my drag sing, then he ran into a bush, i gave him a little slack and he came boiling out taking more drag and into another bush where he came unbuttoned. there is only one more night that the ramp will be open till 11pm starting sat. the ramp will close at 6pm

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Thanks for the report Byron...

6pm on a lake that gets the use Ptown gets is a crime...

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Good to see you guys... I hate admitting this, but last night was my first skunk of the year on Pueblo! I guess I coulda broken down and used senkos for dink smallies, but I wanted one more wiper.... not to be!

Nice to hear someone did ok!

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Glad you got a wipey. We are heading out for the last night of the year on the boat tonight :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
twas a hoot...
my fargin' right shoulder is about to fall off though.
shot an .06 and two 7mags a whole bunch as they were all out of whack... then had to cast about six million times... and then i HAD to carry byron again by saving the evening and fighting a 6lb wipey... boy, i tell ya... i are sore this mornin' :D

boat ran great though and i picked up 3-4 mph with the new botton end... also dropped the rpm's down to 5200 so i may be able to re-prop and gain a few more mph ;)

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
ItsaBigun said:
twas a hoot...
shot an .06 and two 7mags a whole bunch as they were all out of whack... then had to cast about six million times... and then i HAD to carry byron again by saving the evening and fighting a 6lb wipey... boy, i tell ya... i are sore this mornin' :D
Poor thing... ;)

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Oyey said:
ItsaBigun said:
twas a hoot...
Poor thing... ;)
you'll get old some day... ;D

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
ItsaBigun said:
Oyey said:
ItsaBigun said:
twas a hoot...
Poor thing... ;)
you'll get old some day... ;D

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to see you guys... I hate admitting this, but last night was my first skunk of the year on Pueblo! I guess I coulda broken down and used senkos for dink smallies, but I wanted one more wiper.... not to be!

Nice to hear someone did ok!
[/quote]

don't feel bad Jason, i have had the skunk on my back for the last 3 trips, i havn't even caught a bass. i even drug a crawler for about an hour and nada

1 - 12 of 12 Posts