Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diane and I packed up and went to Pueblo...got a late start...9:30 am...she worked the previous night until midnight...couldnt bear to wake her up at the 7am hour...we met PuebloWiperman (Joe) at the dock...he had his father's 19 foot Crestliner...a really nice boat made even better since I didnt have to haul mine down there...THANKS JOE!!...well we got on the water around noon...fished until about an hour after dark...couldnt tell you the water temperature...it wasnt my boat and I didnt think of looking...we were using large baits all day to rule out small stuff...it didnt seem to matter...I scored first with a 16 inch smallmouth...and then Joe had a wash machine sized boil on his offering...and missed it...this is wait all day fishing for one or two hits...can you say disgust on Joe's part...next was my turn...I hooked one but so much for the large bait theory...he was a juvenile...an 18 inch wiper that put up a good fight...

He and the smallie were released to grow up...unfortunately I didnt get a picture of the smallie...they were just leaving on the marina bathroom express and didnt leave me the camera...fishing was a bit slow...but the company was great...lots of laughs...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
ZMan-Any day on the water is a good one. And you must have caught one of the 3 smallies in Pueblo that are over 15". ;D Actually I've caught quite a few smallies that are just under or over the mark but the wiper have been hard to find this fall. I got 59 for water temp this am then it warmed to 63 by mid afternoon so theres still time for them to turn on.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Atleast it wasnt the skunk and its always good to fish with good company.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts