Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got on the water a bit late this morning the weather was nice and crisp and warmed up to about 78 when we came off. water temp was 65.9 as we started to troll long lines 100 feet back with flicker shads at 2.4 mph, the hot method last week, but not today. I saw my rod twitch a couple of times so I reeled in a monster shad 1 inch long to get the skunk out of the boat. then my friend George caught a whopper bass about 6 inches long. then I hooked up with something big but it came unbuckled about half way in. then after I lost a lure and was putting back out, I let out 100 feet out and set the rod in a holder while I tied on a new lure on my other rod only to look up and see my line running off my reel, the lock lever hung up and I had 350 feet out. I locked it down and started to reel my backing back in. now the boat is going 2,5 mph and I am reeling fast with a 5 to 1 reel. I don't know how fast the lure was going but at 250 feet I got a solid hit and hooked up with a 10 inch bass, who says you can't catch fish at high speed. then George messed up my boat by catching a 14 1/2 inch MRT. when George was cleaning his MRT at the cleaning station there were 2 guys that had 2 nice walleyes and 3 crappie that they caught jigging.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
good stuff. yeah bows count against fish count in my boat. lol.
yeah the bass have been active, been down there last five days myself. walleye, crappie, white bass, its all biting. took a day off to clean the boat then back at it.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good stuff. yeah bows count against fish count in my boat. lol.
yeah the bass have been active, been down there last five days myself. walleye, crappie, white bass, its all biting. took a day off to clean the boat then back at it.

check those white bass, there are no white bass in pueblo, those are small wipers. how long are they? trying to keep track of the year class being caught. so far can only count 1 and 2 year old fish of the size of white bass and 1 possible 3 year old. still some older fish being caught, biggest this year I know of was about 10 lbs

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Good work you two!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts