Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a good couple of days at Pueblo caught 4 wiper 2 around 20" one 24" and one 25" one 3lb. 19" largie or Kentucky 1 carp around 10lbs and one 38" 24.5 lb. channel. I was witness to a lot of top water wiper action this evening with fish coming up in schools of 10 and a lot of single boils.

A night crawler under a bobber caught everything except the wipers. Went the next day and caught 5 wiper 2, 24" and the rest were around 20" also three channels one 27" 6 1/2lb and two over 25"and one 16" smallie. Best action I've had in a long time at Pueblo its been an off year, some good weather also helped if you know what I mean. The wipers and other channels are on another roll of film so I don't know when I'll be able to post. Also a few pics from the Gorge and a 25" bow from Spinney.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That was caught in early June. I think there were a few others around 22" to 23" caught that day. That roll of film has a lot of blanks and I don't know why its a pricey camera. I just bought a digital so I'll be using that mostly from now on.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Nice job Oats...been hearing good things out of Pueblo...my friend's dad got a half dozen wipers today...the biggest was 11 pounds and they are starting to boil...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With cooler weather its probably getting better, but haven't fished it off shore for a while, so not sure. Although the trout action should be starting.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Boss! BOSS! Was dat one of dem dere catfish? Oh, I love du catfish! Did he take a worm like the rest (the biggun)? Dis you catch all the caughts close together? What was the water temp? Any structure near by? Did you see any shad?

NICE FISH BIG GUY! KEEP IT UP!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The water temp is in the 61 to 63 range and the cats and wiper were caught in the west end in 10 to 15ft. of water. Pretty dirty water couldn't tell if there were any shad but there's probably some around.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spooks if there on top, rapalas if they arn't. Some days they aren't very willing to take a top water bait and thats when I'll throw rapalas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts