Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my best days on the lake this year-got largemouth, some magnum spots and smallies. Everything came shallow-less than 12 ft or so. Senkos and tubes were all I threw.. Spots I caught were the biggest I've gotten all year. Most all of them were 15"+.

Water temp was 63 early warming to 65.

Bass are chasing the shad all the way to the backs of coves-more fish caught in coves then on the main lake. Hoping to go Fri if the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Nice Kirbydog. Good to know there are a few over 15" in there. I've caught enough of the sub 15" to last a lifetime.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed, on average I get one at 15" for every 15-20 that I catch. Theres got to be some bigger ones in there but I don't know where they are. Spots seem to really swallow the bait this time of year-had to perform "surgery" on quite a few but I think they all made it.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Spots always seem to swallow your lure if you aren't quick on the hookset. Especially plastics. Way different than smallies and largies in that regard, kinda odd...

·
Registered
112 Posts
And I thought I was special with this 15 1/2". Can't tell from the pic but the stomach is bulging.

Agreed, on average I get one at 15" for every 15-20 that I catch. Theres got to be some bigger ones in there but I don't know where they are. Spots seem to really swallow the bait this time of year-had to perform "surgery" on quite a few but I think they all made it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i was out also. got a pig pb smally for myself and some eatin eyes. fishins good in the right spot. def cooling down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts