Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another good day on the lake-caught all three species of bass-nothing over 15 but some decent fish. Same as last week-everything came on a tube or a senko in 8-12 ft. Water temp was 59-60. Unlike last week, most everything came on main lake points and bluff walls, not much going on in the backs of coves, for me anyway.

Heres my question-I have been catching more largemouth the last few trips out than I ever have. Not spots (yes I can tell the difference :)). In fact, more largemouth than spots or smallies. Can't remember this happening before. I'm even getting them along bluff walls-can't ever remember that.

Seems to me there are more largemouth in the lake now than in years past.
Anybody else experiencing this?

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
I have caught way more Largemouth down there this year than any of the other two species. Lots of short LM too. 12-14" seems like they had an excellent recruitment year or two that is showing up now. It's an excellent sign IMO!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I have caught way more Largemouth down there this year than any of the other two species. Lots of short LM too. 12-14" seems like they had an excellent recruitment year or two that is showing up now. It's an excellent sign IMO!
I caught a bunch in the flooded brush this spring while fishing for walleye. Like John said there was a bunch in the 12-14 inch range.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the high water we had this year there should have been a great spawn and recruitment for largemouth. Bass fishing should really improve 3-4 years down the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts