Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got on the water at 6 AM and had the first keeper walleye in the boat before the sun hit the water, then the little ones woke up and it was dink city till I came off at 11 AM. a lot of 6 to 8 inch eyes. we did fight the crowd on the n.marina ridge but only got 1 that measured 17 1/4 and more dinks. water temp was 60.4 deg. and just enough wind to make slabbing a pain. only one bass was caught, but I did put a nice yellow perch in the livewell

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've been having a good time there since the spring. In a belly boat it can be hit and miss, but when it's on it's pretty sweet. Got my first perch there yesterday(11/01) when I was out for the last couple of hours before sunset. It was around 12 inches. Got a largemouth, a few smallies and a little walleye. I've noticed it's better (at least for me) when the wind is blowing. A little bit harder controlling the belly boat, but it seems to drive the bite a little better.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Same for me-nothing but dinks. They were biting real light-I'd set the hook and they
wouldn't hook up.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same for me Ed, I did some good sets to wood, must have landed 1/2 a cord of wood but all was released without damage to the structure other than some relocation

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Nice, byron. I still haven't ever caught a yellow perch out of the res.
It's weird I had never caught any either until this fall. I was practicing a couple of days for the fall tournament and caught about a dozen slabbing. Maybe they are starting to expand? With the high water this year, I would imagine they and the crappie got off a good spawn?

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's weird I had never caught any either until this fall. I was practicing a couple of days for the fall tournament and caught about a dozen slabbing. Maybe they are starting to expand? With the high water this year, I would imagine they and the crappie got off a good spawn?[/QUOTE

the one I caught was full of eggs, under developed, maybe they spawn around the same time as walleyes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts