Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mid twenties air temp when I launched but the sun was out and not too cold unless you were running the lake. Decent day-got about 20, all smallies. Fish are moving deeper-got most all my bites in 20-50 ft. Many of the smallmouth have that milky look that tells me they've been deep for awhile. Bite actually got better as the morning went on. No spots and no walleye and nothing to brag about as far as size goes.

Water temp was 49 early and almost 51 when I left but the fish I landed were COLD so thats only a surface temp. About 10 trailers at the north marina when I left.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I had a half charter today and my client got a limit of nice eyes. I went back out for the afternoon and really struggled. Got totally schooled by something big that smoked a #9 Jigging Rap. Never saw it and had zero control of it, lol. Once the white caps started I decided to call it a day.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Interesting...lots of fish shallow last time i was there a couple weeks ago...hmm dang I was thinking about fishing this weekend :D

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think the bass and the walleye are doing the same thing as far as depth.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Walleye were yesterday. I have been out three days in the last week. Tomorrow we are looking at winds sustained up to 25 mph:mad: I have already canceled my charter for tomorrow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mid twenties air temp when I launched but the sun was out and not too cold unless you were running the lake. Decent day-got about 20, all smallies. Fish are moving deeper-got most all my bites in 20-50 ft. Many of the smallmouth have that milky look that tells me they've been deep for awhile. Bite actually got better as the morning went on. No spots and no walleye and nothing to brag about as far as size goes.

Water temp was 49 early and almost 51 when I left but the fish I landed were COLD so thats only a surface temp. About 10 trailers at the north marina when I left.
Wow sounds like a good time if your still catching

1 - 10 of 10 Posts