Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna post this just for some info, not because I had alot of success. Fished jerks for about 4 hrs (should have given up on them sooner) with nothing to show for it. The jerk bite had been good lately for spots and walleye but not yesterday.

So I switched to my go to bait-a twin tailed skirted grub on a football head and picked up two spots before I left. Got both of them deep off bluff walls-over 30 ft and the bite was a real light "tick". Water temp was 44-45 and the water is gin clear.

I'm gonna blame the whole thing on having a wedding glow on-got married this weekend and it might have affected my concentration. ;D

Best part is, she lets me go fishing whenever I want. Going to New orleans for our honneymoon starting next week but after reading the last fishing report on NO I'm gonna wear my wallet in my front pocket.!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the information Kirby; I have been wondering how Pueblo has fished over the last month. I fished it a lot from my boat with my wife and 4 sons this spring/summer/fall but haven't been there in over a month. I'm trying to learn cold-water bassin and open-water bassin as this is my second year bass fishing and it's been difficult for me.

Congrats on the marriage and it sounds like you got a wonderful lady if she'll let you go fishing already---it means she respects your passions, though they might be different than hers. Have fun in New Orleans--I'm from Florida and made it to New Orleans a few times; it's a really fun, unique place to go.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks for the report kirby. I'm thinking about coming down your way tomorrow, but am keeping a closs eye on the weather. I've done the drive over Monument in the snow, and it's not as much fun as you'd think. Do you ever Slab kirby, or mainly use jigs?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
catfish al,

I'm determined not to slab this winter-I've done it quite a bit in years past but find it a boring way to fish. So I'm gonna go with a jig and maybe some drop shot stuff. For me its all about the wind-if its over about 15 it gets hard to fish a jig and feel the bites.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
kirbydog said:
Best part is, she lets me go fishing whenever I want.
Oh the early bliss of love....

good report man check back in a few years!

have fun in New Orleans, it is a perfect place for a honeymoon. Try Drago's for their grilled oysters... They are simply the single best thing I have ever tried in NO... My wife and I went through 5 dozen one night...and... uh.... well.... relived our honeymoon!! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts