Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post much but now that I have a little one to show off I thought I would share a few photos, sorry for the quality but all I had was my cell phone. He ended up catching 8 spots. He also lost at least that many (he is still working on keeping the slack out of his line and his boat flip needs some work too). Still not to bad for a 1 year old. He was gracious enough to let his old man catch a few too (the biggest ones I might add), but was not willing to take my picture with any of my fish. Yeah I know whats that all about? ;) Weather was beautiful between 50-60 degrees with NO wind. We fished from 11am to about 4pm. The fall bite is definitely in full swing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We never bumped or weighted any of the fish but our best 5 would have been 11-12 pounds. No giants but good healthy keepers.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice man!!

D.J.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
SICK!
Very nice fish
The hell with ice. Wish I wouldn't of been working :(

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
i assume you are exagerating... your 1 year old caught those fish?

Great catches by the way... especially now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A little exaggeration. ;) I cast, feel the bite and set the hook. After that he is on is own, he fights the fish, reels it in and boat flips them. It's really cool to see. You would think with the high decks of a bass boat, kids would have trouble but he seems to have it down. He has bass fished from Mead NV. to Lake Fork TX. and lots of places in between. Between going with his Grandpa and I he was on the water 75 days in 2010. He never wants to be left behind. I am truly a lucky dad to have such a great fishing partner.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Amistad10 said:
A little exaggeration. ;) I cast, feel the bite and set the hook. After that he is on is own, he fights the fish, reels it in and boat flips them. It's really cool to see. You would think with the high decks of a bass boat, kids would have trouble but he seems to have it down. He has bass fished from Mead NV. to Lake Fork TX. and lots of places in between. Between going with his Grandpa and I he was on the water 75 days in 2010. He never wants to be left behind. I am truly a lucky dad to have such a great fishing partner.
Thats awesome! Thanks for sharing, great post!

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Amistad10 said:
Wow, cool... My son, at 1 could not hold a fishing rod or reel it... he is 2 now and still can't. You must have really worked with him on how to reel... and lip!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Thats awesome your getting your kid started at such an early age-you've got a fishing partner for life!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts