Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fought the wind all morning-made it hard to fish the way I like. Had enough and quit about noon. Water temp is still 37-38.

Waiting for March.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I made the mistake of believing the weather report on Intellicast yesterday and headed down at 4PM for some vamping on the dam. The best thing I can say about last night was there was no spray from the waves breaking on the rocks. Difficult conditions but somehow I pounded it until about 7:30 on the dam then went exploring west. Ugh. With the high water and strong winds there was so much debris and timber in the water, along with mud, it was not very much fun. Decided to bag it at 10PM and get home to a beer or two or....

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not aware you could fish off the dam. Most of my nighttime walleye fishing is done around south marina.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
As I'm sure you know, the water level is right at timber level which makes it hard to find a decent place to stand. Worse than that is going up and down the rip rap. Very hard on my old knees. Still feeling it today - wah wah.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Talking to a fishing buddy of mine that lives in PW yesterday, he told me they have even closed some campgrounds on the north side because of the high water levels.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With water this high Pueblo fishes like a different res.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I looked at the historical data back to 1998 and, apart from 2016 when the high water mark was 4886, this year looks like it will be the highest in the last twenty years (already at 4885.5 today).

Very different from boat or shore!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went out today-much better day-light winds and the fish were willing. Seems like they have moved shallower-all my bites came in 40 ft or less. Water temp 37-38.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts