Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough day. Caught 5 wallpeye spoonin' but it took me from 8 am until I left at 2 pm to get those and none were over the 18" mark. Got all my fish real deep-65-75FOW. Got one on a chrome 3/4 oz spoon and all the rest on a jigging rap-1/2 oz. There was an inch of ice at the boat ramp and the guys at the North Marina were nice enough to run one of their boats thru the ice and break it up so I could launch. Water temp was 37. Saw quite a few dead and dying shad on the surface-they are about 2 1/2" long now.

Lake level is now 4849. Full pool is 4881 so the lake is now up to only 32 ft low. This sounds like alot until you realize the lake was 55 ft. low last fall. More important, the North Marina guy said they have been told they will be able to keep more of their water this year and they expect the lake level will average 10-15 ft. higher than last year. Good news.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Great news on the water level! There will be a lot os submerged brush this year I hope it helps with the spawns and fishing overall! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wow, that's great news regardless of the reason. You can check the water levels at:

http://www.usbr.gov/gp-bin/arcweb_puer.pl

The fishing should be awesome this spring if they don't let too much out just before runoff. We will offer many lures to the fishing gods while working the submerged brush.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts