Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,901 Posts
Pueblo has had low water for 3-4 years. The crappie and largemouth bass populations have declined due to lack of suitable spawning areas (due to that low water) and heavy predation of their spawn (also due to that low water). So while theres alot of sunken brush right now, it hasn't been that way for years. The smallmouth and spots have held their own and the wiper and walleye seem to be doing fine. In short, fish that relate to cover have done poorly, fish that relate to structure have done OK.

Pueblo is a hard lake to pattern but May is a real good month for just about everything. One thing about this lake you can take to the bank-if you fish for bass forget the "bubba" technique-cranks, spinnerbaits, etc. Fish finesse-light line, stuff like tubes, senkos, dropshotting. You'll be rewarded with alot more bites. Ed

· Registered
2,901 Posts
EyeGuy-Right you are-I caught most of my bigger walleye last year on cranks. But heres something I don't get-I catch channel cats at many other lakes on cranks but in all the years I've fished Pueblo I've NEVER caught a cat on cranks. I mean not once. I have on tubes but never on a crank. Have you? I just don't know why that lake would be any different than the others I fish. Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.