Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I bet the wind put more bend in the rod than the logeyes, but you can eat the fish. Anything bigger than 20?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I only caught the 1 fish. I was mostly getting the feel of the new toon and was rowing more than fishing. I've fished for around 24 years out of a belly boat and the pontoon was bought with walleyes and wipers in mind. Just knowing I can search faster for structure and fish on the lowrance is a plus. I've thought about getting a 'real' boat, but when I see the lines at the boat ramp I know sanity will be with me for a bit longer if I don't do it yet.
I actuall saw fish on the Lowrance where I caught that hen, and the wind pretty much kicked up immediately after I landed her. It was brutal trying to control the toon in that blow.
Big wipers. Outside of saltwater they pack more fight than any species imo. That's what my uncle and I did there. But the boat came in handy when moving from cove to cove looking for feeding schools. Can you fish the dam these days or is there a no-go-line thanks to the 9/11 turds?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts