Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day on the lake-just enough wind to ruffle the surface and improve the bite. Got bit on jerks (LC Pointer 78) and tubes. Good early morning bite, then it went dead from 10 til about 1 PM, then they started biting again. Don't know if anyone experiences this-the bite will just stop for a couple/few hours, then start up again. I had this happen alot last year. Its like they take a break. :D Water temp was 52-55. Water is real clear lower end, gets stained as you go weat. Too many boats out there already-gonna be a zoo this summer. Can you say night fishing? Ed

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet-all my bites were smallies. Talked awhile to a guy who lives out on that lake trolling for walleye-he's caught some, not many. Said he got just one yesterday over 18". There are alot of shad in that lake-one of the smallies I caught today looked deformed its belly was soo distended. They're eatin' good. Ed

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting most of my bites shallow, but near deep water. Nothing going on yet further back in the coves. This is for bass-I got no idea what the walleye or wiper are doing. Those bass are some educated fish in that lake-they can suck in a tube and spit it back out in about 1/100 of a second-gotta be quick on the trigger. I think its cause most of them have been fooled before and they realize pretty darn fast if its a fake. Ed

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I had that problem last Saturday. I would feel the thump set the hook and they would get off. When was windy the fish were shallow. When the wind went away they went back to 20+ ft. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts