Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went out to Pueblo this morning to see if the bass were going yet. The water is in between 52-56 degrees. Warmer towards the inlet side.( I don't have a finder so that is off of someone elses water temp. ( I asked someone)Water clarity was about 3-5 ft near midlake island and clearer towards the damn. We only caught two bass. One Spot and one smallmouth. Neither one was very big. The spot was caught on a spinnerbait and the smallmouth was caught deadsticking a smithwick rouge. I threw a senko for a while with nothing so I decided to really try deadsticking a rouge. I fished it for a while with nothing then I slowed it down even more with longer pauses and I started getting a few follows which was encourging. I could have caught more but the wind picked up pretty good so we left. (MY FIRST BASS EVER WITH THAT TECHNIQUE!!!!!!!) Some guys I talked to on the water said the fish where stacked up in a cove we were fishing so I am assuming that they were bass and are starting to stack up on the main lake points going into the spawning coves. ( I could be wrong) I will be going back Friday morning because it should be any time and the bass will be going good. I hope this helps some of you guys.

F

·
0 Posts
any new report? Thought about this weekend- you guys are all quiet down there. Fishing instead of posting? ain't it great?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't go again yet. I am thinking about Sun. The fish were sluggish last week but catchable. The weather has not been real hot so my feeling is that the really good fishing is one 3-4 day warm spell away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts