Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coleman picked up sswan and got to my place at 6:40 so we hit the water a bit after 7:eek:o. the lake was calm as we headed out and the water temp was 48.7 after trying several things, coleman put his secret lure out and soon hooked up with a 5 lb wiper that he handed off to steve to bring in. about 1/2 hour later he hooked into another one and steve dipped the net under a 6 3/4 lb wiper. steve commented that we were fishing on animal planet. we saw eagles, ospreys, herrons an eggret, ducks, geese, coots, pelicans, greebs, and comorants. about that time it got very hungry out, so it was off the lake for lunch, a little after 1:eek:o pm. the warmest water we found wes 53.6. i am going to steel that lure coleman is useing. thanks steve for the lunch

pics to come

W

·
0 Posts
Re: Pueblo 4/7

That's awesome! I have a few secret lures too, but they get me jack.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Re: Pueblo 4/7

Thanks Byron and Coleman for the invite--I had a terrific time! And I'm still full from tying on the feedbag at the Henhouse. I e-mailed the pics to Coleman so that he can post them at his leisure. Great weather, great scenery, great company, and a couple of really nice fish.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice Wipers Coleman!

D.J.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Ha! Awesome guys! The wiper are definitely a tad active ;)

How did you like the fight steve? Wiper kick ass huh? Props to coleman and byron! The hen house is good ish too!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
How did you like the fight steve?
Kyle, I knew that wipers are magnificent gamefish just from what I've read on here. But it was really rewarding to experience the power and determination of one of these animals firsthand. I can only imagine what it would be like to hook into one on a flyrod, and I can see why Oyey and probably others have made it a quest. If I lived in the vicinity, I think I might, too.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Oh man, adding sswani to those two is dangerous... Would be fun to hear the audio!!! Nice fish fellers.. the wiper bite is already WAY better than last spring.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Swannie was that enough to get you to leave the dark side (trout) and come to the light side of wiper bigotry?...

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
walleye seeker said:
i don't know Mark , he kept talking how much fun it would be to catch one on the whippy stick
That is a whole different ball game... better get casting lessons (not sayin you can't cast, just always my first bit of advice when thinkin wiper on a fly)...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts