Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a customer cancel and reschedule this morning so I just fished by myself. Every where i went I caught a bunch of shorts and I got sick of jigging. So I headed up river to where the water is dirtier and I had been seeing a bunch of marks suspended. I ended about with about another 15 eye's trolling at about 2 mph including a nice limit and some good crappies to go with it. Water was 68 degree's in some spots.

Attachments

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Kewl how big were the crappies down there these days?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kewl how big were the crappies down there these days?

The ones I have been catching on cranks are real nice. i would guess around 10 inches and the size of platters, lol. I kept four to go with my eye's.

I have noticed that since they opened the pipeline to the springs the water has dropped quite a bit. I hope that doesn't screw up the crappie spawn this year? Run off should help fill it back up also. Two different year classes of wipers are showing up also!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Water level was 4878 on May 1 and its 4877 as of yesterday. Inflow numbers are way up-over 1000cfs.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Hey thats a half an inch a day!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Water level was 4878 on May 1 and its 4877 as of yesterday. Inflow numbers are way up-over 1000cfs.
I know it is down from say three weeks ago because areas in shallow water I was casting to are dry. Did notice an increase in water color on the west end yesterday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts