Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water temp was 65-66 but I didn't go further west than mid island so I'm sure it was higher Turkey Cr and
beyond. Fishing for bass is about as good as it gets down there. Hit one section of shoreline about 25 yds long
and just hammered the smallies one after another-must have been some late spawners because they were in 4-6 ft of
water.

Water is very clear but some algae growth is starting to show in some coves and that will dirty things up a
little. Not even that crowded (nice surprise) .

Does anybody read these reports? :)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And why are my posts so jumbled with lines that are one and two words long?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No walleye but I saw alot of guys trolling for them-some with planer boards.

·
Registered
338 Posts
We see 'em. I usually don't reply because I don't have much to add. I was there Monday... decided to be brave and go considering the stormy weather the day before. Figured it would run a bunch of people off. I was correct. Lost count of how many smallmouths I caught(nothing very big). Caught about a dozen walleye... all 16- 161/2 inch. Left in the early afternoon as I figured I wasn't around bigger fish and exploring in a belly boat takes a lot of time. All caught on a flyrod. The other reason I don't reply very often... I'm too long winded.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I don't get on here as often now. I'm surprised we haven't seen each other at Pueblo this year. Even a kayak can catch bass while targeting Walleye.
What did the Lund club do before spot lock!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to hear it!! They are very popular in Japan which I think is where it all started. Seems to me they will be a
good bait when the water cools as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts