Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow start to the day then it really came on strong-caught smallies, spots, walleye and crappie. Crappie were dark so I'm guessing black crappie but really don't know-both were 12"+. Water temp was low to mid 60's. Got most everything on a tube with just a few early in the morning on a fluke. The fluke bite was great until about 2 wks ago-now it doesn't work nearly as well.

Don't know about past yrs but this seems late to have water temps in the low 60's. Temps are gonna hit 90+ this weekend so that will change.

Not many boats on the lake-gotta love fishing when others are working. :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sounds like a great day on the water :) I am going out tomorrow as I had to work Monday so I am punished with a better less crowded day off LOL

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read your humane killing article-good stuff there.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Nice Ed! I'm planning to get out this weekend at a couple spots by my new place.

I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Nice report. Weird how cold that water still is. I might sneak out tonight.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Gotta believe the large inflow of water from the river might be a reason why temps are still so low. Inflows for the past ten days have been 1000-1500 cfs-thats alot of water coming in.

·
Registered
16,632 Posts
Plo is a deep freekin lake when full. Thats what keeps it cold. Same as Big Mac this year.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Nice report mane. Plebs in full swing now....easy to catch lots of bass and eyes the past few weeks. But me and Oyey finally got into half a dozen big wipes last night...on topwater...hehe. Early June is good times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts